Apply to VCU
Ready to apply? Here’s how to get started.
- All VCCS students must complete a letter of interest to be eligible for guaranteed admission agreement benefits. If you’re not transferring from VCCS, please start with the next step.
- Read all instructions on the Admissions website and note the application deadlines.
- Fill out the Application for Transfer Undergraduate Admission, including the Application for Virginia In-State Tuition Rates if you are a Virginia resident, and pay the application fee. Some programs require supplemental application materials, including School of the Arts, Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies and undergraduate health sciences programs. Check the departmental website of the program you are applying to for specific application requirements.
- Transfer applicants must submit an official transcript from each previously attended college or university, including summer schools. If less than 30 semester (45 quarter) hours have been completed, applicants also must submit high school transcripts. Official transcripts must be delivered to the Office of Admissions unopened and sealed in their original envelope.
- Submit SAT or ACT scores (SAT code 5570, ACT code 4379) and high school transcript if you’re younger than 22 and have taken less than 30 college semester hours. SAT or ACT scores are also required if you are applying to the School of Nursing. We recommended sending your test scores to VCU electronically.
- Once you’ve submitted your application, check your application status online using your login ID and PIN. Allow a minimum of two weeks for the Office of Admissions to process your documents and match them to your application. For questions about your application, call (804) 828-1222.
For international transfer students
- Read all instructions in the application materials, noting the application deadlines.
- Answer all questions on the Application for Transfer Undergraduate Admission and pay the application fee online by credit card when submitting the application.
- Request that your guidance counselor or other appropriate person at your educational institution send transcripts or other forms of academic records to VCU as detailed on the Admissions website.
- Submit required test scores as detailed on the Admissions website.
- Fill out and submit the I-20/DS-2019 Request Form (financial statement).